FIDES Centre is specialized in providing foreign language courses for institutions that have been organized for more than 25 years.
Fides customers are multinational companies or microenterprises. Fides courses designed for companies are perfectly flexible, adapted to the requirements of the companies in terms of group size, location, schedule, frequency of sessions and pace of teaching.
Fides courses can start any time the collaboration contract is signed and they can be organized for one learner (individual course) or for a larger number of learners (for tens or hundreds of employees of the requesting company).
Fides Centre organizes foreign language courses that range from beginners to advanced, from standard to specialized languages: business, financial & banking, insurance, medical, technical etc.
Collaboration with Fides starts by analysing the company’s desiderata:
- The Department in charge of courses carries out detailed discussion with the representative of the company (beneficiary) to find out what is intended through these courses, what is the starting and end level, which is the general profile of students and the budget that the company is willing to spend on training.
- Prospective learners are given an initial test to assess their level of language knowledge; the level can also be determined by the learners themselves based on a descriptor or on the free tests available on FIDES website.
- Starting from the results, FIDES proposes a curriculum, a structure and a set of materials, and discusses the proposals with the beneficiary.
- The content and methodology of the course, timetable, location, fee and payment methods are settled in mutual agreement, followed by the conclusion of a contract.
Methods are interactive and based on the latest materials, including for specialized languages issued by large specialized Western publishing houses.
Courses aim at developing all five basic language skills: comprehension of oral speech; reading comprehension; fluency in conversation; producing an oral speech; expression in writing, but the focus lies on the one appropriate to the company’s goals.
Course content aims at teaching and appropriating the language required for an effective communication in the work environment (presentations, description of the company, position and duties, etc.), it uses case studies that are relevant for the company’s profile and simulations of real communicative situations.
Courses can be organized in modules of 8 weeks each (32 hours), twice a week for two hours or in another mutually agreed version.
We mention that, on request, courses can be organized for companies that span over a higher number of hours (e.g. 36 hours, 48 hours, etc.) or a smaller number of hours.
Assessment of learners’ progress is made both ongoing (continuous assessment, marked by the professor), and at the end of each module (by a written and oral test). The results of the assessment, the attendance and degree of participation of learners are regularly reported to the beneficiary.
Diploma, certificates, confirmations
The participants will receive at the end of the course, upon companydemand and depending on the graduated level:
- Certificate of attendance;
- FIDES diploma having the value of a certificate – the skills are being expressed in accordance with European linguistic standards
- Certificate of linguistic competence according to the Common European Framework of Reference.